Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011



Mother's Day...#20 A relaxing day with my boys/men. These Hallmark holidays are awkward for me. Well, most holidays are awkward for me, but especially those that focus on me. I don't like to be fussed over...Mother's Day, my birthday, our anniversary, I guess I"m embarrassed for having all the attention. I mean, really, Mother's Day? I'm a mother 365 days a year, and my children are mine every day, and they treat me with respect and they love me and I love them, to the moon and back! Travis and Troy give me gifts by getting along well with each other, by doing chores, and by performing well in school. They are both easy to please, and don't ask for much. Whenever they ask for something, it usually has to do with music... valve oil for Troy's trumpet, guitar picks for Travis. I am honored to be their mother, and grateful to God that He entrusted me with their care. I'm not up for Mother-of-the-Year award, and you won't read about me in Good Housekeeping, but I love being Mom to these two young men. Travis and Troy got me this cute card...from my other 'son' too, Gus the cat. I took a few pictures of Gus while he was sunning himself. He just had to be laying on top of the hand-made lace table cloth that my mother-in-law made. Take a look... silly cat! (I don't know how to rotate this picture of the card... but just look at it sideways.)

No comments:

Post a Comment