Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Grateful!


I've just returned from a walk / run this morning. See, in just less than two months I plan to participate in my first 5K run. I started training last week, and today I ran one mile, and walked one mile. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it's a start. Previously this week and last week, I have walked to the Aqueduct trail, then ran along there, turn around, and walk back home. I don't know the distance, but time-wise it was 30 minutes each time. Today I was out for almost one hour, because on the walk back home I was side-tracked by a Garage Sale sign, but there was nothing good there. Walking around my neighborhood, I noticed approximately every-other-house is vacant ~ either abandoned or up for sale. Many occupied homes have let their grass die and the weeds are growing. These are hard economic times. Seeing this, I was just overcome with a feeling of thankfulness and gratitude. Thankful that (at least for now) we have our home, our jobs, and relatively good health. I discovered from my primary doctor that my neck pain is "mostly in your mind, you need to be on anti-depressants" and she prescribed Prozac. I told her to keep her drugs, but then soon after that, coincidently, my pain reduced. I still have pain, but I'm going to live like I don't! Obviously things are not always easy, my job is stressful (that's why it's called WORK), and money is tight but we still have room to cut-back. While I was approaching our home, walking back, I noticed how beautiful the Mimosa tree in the front yard is. Marie and Edd planted this 8 years ago, and it was just a little bitty thing. Now it shades the whole front half of the yard, and the sidewalk. I had to snap I picture of it before this Abundantly Thankful feeling passes, and while I was, my neighbor and I chatted for a while. Today is a good day! Now, I am thankful I have a house to clean, and I have laundry to do, and thankful I have food to cook for dinner. 

Today's hymn: #291
"The heart of my Savior is tender...His love and His grace will uphold me...His strong loving arms will enfold me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment