Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas-time Already?or Always?

In the past, I've been very slow to embrace the change of seasons, especially the onset of winter. This year, I had my "pity-party" early, around Labor Day, when my husband tried to decorate our home with fall decorations. I asked him to wait and he laughed, then I told him I was serious. He put away the decorations. The following weekend I told him I was ready now, he could go ahead. He loves decorating, and does a pretty good job of it, on a tight budget. My favorite time of year is summer, when I can swim and spend the long evenings outdoors. Winter has certainly set in, and it's been cold and windy here, even had frost and ice once or twice. There's been snow very low in the foothills and on the mountains, but none at our house, yet. I am looking forward to it, however, because it brings the neighbors out and everyone seems to show a Christmas spirit. Last time it snowed, I wondered how nice it would be for us to have the Christmas spirit all throughout the year, instead of only during the winter. I guess that could go on my list of things to do, starting with me. Times past, I have used the "winter-blues" excuse to procrastinate about the gift-shopping, but this year is record-breaking! I even beat Mark... I have already picked out, purchased and wrapped two gifts! I've also made plans to have a family photo taken (the three men I live with very much dislike the "family photo shoot" and the last time we did one was summer 2009 when at my parents re-commitment ceremony).
I'm feeling good, getting into the groove of winter-time and Christmas!!

Snowy scene from December 2008

Gus, not liking the bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment