Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tenacious... another word for stubborn, resulting in ACCOMPLISHED!!

Today was a very good day!! I received great news that I have been waiting on, working on for over 18 months. The official news that the band boosters group I helped create is 501(c)(3) IRS certified, non-profit organization!! Upon hearing this news, I cried, laughed, hollered and cried some more! Talk about a relief! This has been a project since May 2009, back and forth, this application, that fee, another application, another fee, jump through the hoops, call the IRS (have you ever done that?!) and now, time to celebrate!! I went to Starbucks on my way home from work today and celebrated with a Pumpkin Creamer Latte... no caffeine, and full of YUM! This news came via a message on my cell phone, during an hour in the day where a call from the music director normally would only mean bad news, or possibly an emergency, or a need for funds, since I am the treasurer. The director rarely calls me, even more odd to get a call from him during school and work hours. I was afraid to listen to the voicemail, I even considered for a moment to delay hearing it until later. But I'm glad I listened soon as I could. What a weight off my shoulders!! My mom used to say when I was in school that I was a procrastinator. Maybe when it came to school work, I was. But this project, and I have had help on it, has been more like a growth that just kept taking up worry-space in my brain. And now I'm free of that!! YIPEE-KI-OH-KI-AYYY!!!  now, time for dinny-din dinner.... Mark made Enchilada soup~!

1 comment:

  1. I actually saw the IRS certificate today!!! And again I hooped and hollered!! So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete