Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Yesterday I heard two pieces of bad news, devastating to the families involved, two different friends of mine, in two different losses. I heard about these losses within 15 minutes of each, and I was still teary-eyed when I cried about the second. The first, a family suffered a miscarriage of their 5th child, 4 months into the pregnancy. We already knew he was a boy, their second boy. The family was just thrilled with the prospect of a new addition to their family. I was thrilled because they were all thrilled...but I also couldn't picture me attempting that. The mom is the same age as I am. I'm so sad for their loss, and I know they will move forward and accept God's plan because they seem to be a God-fearing, praying family. The second bit of news also involved a pregnancy, and that piece of it is good news, a new baby boy born early, weighing about 4 pounds. The mom suffered an aneurysm, I don't know the details, she was sick, her mom took her to the hospital, the baby was delivered, and then that young mother departed this life. This young woman's brother graduated high-school with my oldest son, and her sister is currently a senior at the same high school where my youngest is a junior. The heartbreak my friend and co-worker must be feeling is far beyond anything I can understand, but the sweetness of  God's grace can help them through. I will be praying for them all. Today I am thankful for all the blessings God has given, but also for the reminder that the God who gives all the blessings, is able to take away, and it is not for me to understand the reasons why, but when I trust in Him and believe that He is in control, I can have peace.
***Update, here is a photo of my friend's daughter's hand and baby's hand. So touching.***

No comments:

Post a Comment